Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Peach Cake

Peace Cake
425 Degrees
25-30 Min

So my local farm stand Buppart’s Farm, had their last of the season peaches so I bought 3 quart thing of peaches (about 4 peaches each) at the counter they had a recipe for peach cake, It is in the oven as we speak and I thought I’d share this crazy simple recipe with everyone. 

Peace Cake:       425 Degrees       25-30 Min
1 C. flour (I used whole grain flour of course)
1/2 C. Sugar
1 tsp. baking powder
½  tsp. salt
½ C. Milk (I used rice milk this time)
1 egg
1 T. Salad Oil (I used coconut oil)
6-7 Peaches (I only ended up using 5 and looked like way too much)
1/2C Sugar
¼ tsp cinnamon

Combine dry ingredients in a large bowl, set aside.
Combine milk, eggs & oil in separate bowl, once combined add to dry ingredients.
Grease and Flour 8” pan (I ended up using a 9” round cake pan bc I didn’t have n 8)
Mix ½ C Sugar (I used brown sugar) & cinnamon together, set aside
Put cake mixture into pan, slice peaches and layer on top.
Sprinkle cinnamon & sugar mixture over peaches (I also sprinkled a little bit between each layer of peaches)
Dat with butter (I totally forgot to do this) Bake at 425 for 25-30 min

Well there’s about 15 min left on the oven, will let you know how yummy it is :~) Happy eating my friends!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Well it's just delish! But I think next time I will layer a few layers of peaches in the pan first, then add the cake batter and more on top, the bottom of the cake ended up more like a muffin than cake.

No comments:

Post a Comment