Tuesday, September 25, 2012

German Apple Pancake


This is my new favorite recipe and it is sooooooo delish!!! And Easy; and quick!!! Especially if you are having people over, works out GREAT, Can’t wait to make it for MOPS one morning and sleep overs. So the few things I do differently with this recipe is since I found out about Oven bacon, I put my bacon into the cold over and preheat to 400 first, after 15 min you get PERFECT bacon; and your oven is ready. the org recipe was for two people so I doubled everything, I used a fiji apple because thats what I had, and of course king arthur whole wheat flour. I haven’t tried the German apple pancake yet with flax seed or wheat germ but I’m pretty sure that is will be just as easily integrated as everything else I cook bread wise.  Hope you enjoy!!


German Apple Pancake
Original recipe from Pampered Chef, Stoneware inspirations

Prep Time 30: min Bake Time: 20-23 min

Apple filling
1 small granny smith apple
1-2 tbl butter
¼ cup packed brown sugar
1-2 tsp cinnamon

Pancake
1         cup all purpose flour;
2         tbl sugar
½ tsp salt
4         eggs
1 cup milk (I used lactose free milk bc of kat’s dairy allergy)
1 tbl butter

1)      Preheat oven to 400F. Grease stoneware or glass pan. For apple filling, peel, core and slice apple. Cut apple slices into quarters. Melt butter in a small sauté pan over medium heat. Add apple, brown sugar and cinnamon. Cook 20 minutes or until apple is very tender and most of the liquid has evaporated.
2)       Meanwhile, for pancake, combine flour, sugar, and salt in a medium bowl. In a small bowl, Wisk together eggs milks and melted butter. Add egg mixture to flour mixture, until dry ingredients are moistened, batter will be slightly lumpy.
3)      Pour batter into baker. Spoon apple mixture evenly over batter. Bake 20-23 min until puffed and golden brown.
4)      Remove from oven, let cool slightly, cut and ENJOY!

No comments:

Post a Comment